- 2 Kg St Austell bay Mussles
- 2 large Shallots
- 15 g Cornish Butter
- 100 ml white wine
- 120 ml double cream
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 1 loaf Fresh Crusty Bread
- Soften the garlic and shallots in the butter, in a large pan big enough to take all the mussels - it should only be half full.
- Add the mussels and wine, turn up the heat, then cover and steam them open in their own juices for 3-4 minutes. Give the pan a good shake every now and then.
- add the cream and chopped parsley and remove from the heat.
- Serve into four large warmed bowls and serve with lots of crusty bread.