Deep Fried Crispy Mussels
- 1 Kg St Austell Bay Mussels
- 100 g Plain Flour
- 2 large eggs St Ewe Rich Yolk eggs work really well for this
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 1 tbsp Cornish Sea Salt
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 large Pickled eggs
- 1 small pot of Worcester sauce for dipping
- 1 tbsp Fresh ground black pepper
- First steam the Mussels in a large pan for 4 mins in slightly salted water with the lid on
- Drain the mussels and once cooled remove the meat from the shells and place in a bowl
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper on the mussel meat. Mix well
- Make the batter by combining 3/4 cup flour, cornstarch, eggs, water, garlic powder, and remaining salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Mix well until the texture becomes smooth.
- Heat the oil in a deep cooking pot.
- Dip the mussel meat in the batter and then dredge in the remaining flour. This will prevent the mussel meat from sticking to each other.
- Deep fry the coated mussel meat in medium heat until the color of the coating turns golden brown.
- Serve with Crusty Bread, Pikled Eggs and worcester sauce. Share and Enjoy!